Monday, April 4, 2011

Surf's Up Dude!

With temperatures in the 80's, we decided to take a trip to the beach for the day! We slept in, had breakfast and made our way to the Ferry. We just missed the first ferry and had to wait an hour for the next one. During our waiting time we walked around the Naval Park and were able to see the sights! After seeing the  sights we finally got onto the ferry and walked to Coronado Beach! The beach was beautiful! There weren't a lot of people which was great! The sun was shining bright and the water had gold flakes in it! It felt so good to be with friends in the sun! We played a big game of Ultimate Frisbee and then decided to try surfing! I've always wanted to learn to surf ever since I was in middle school and today I got that chance! It was tough to get up because the board was made of foam but I got up on the board once which was a huge accomplishment! It was an awesome feeling riding the waves! The salt water didn't taste so great when I fell into the water but it didn't stop me from trying! After a long day of surfing, frisbee and laying out on the beach we walked back to the ferry and took a shuttle back to the hotel. After a long day in the sun, we all took a nap to recharge to get ready for the rest of the night! I'll never forget my first experience on a surf board and I can't wait to get back to the beach and try again!

No comments:

Post a Comment