Monday, January 24, 2011

EDU 470 Chapter 1 Question #5

Why do I want to become a teacher? I've heard this question over and over again. Most people want to be a physical education teacher because you get all the benefits and holiday's off but I personally want to become a teacher because I love working with children! I love knowing that I have the tools and supplies to help build physically educated individuals. I love working with younger students because they don't know the right way to perform skills yet and I can show them to correct technique on how to perform a skill so they don't develop bad habits.I believe that we need to start instituting good habits and healthy ideas at a young age. Also the younger students say some of the funniest things I've ever heard! I love being active and learning how to be more fit and I want to be able to share my knowledge with the students. I don't ever think I could teach a math class or science class but I'm too animated as a person. If we can start showing students at a young how to eat right and exercise right then obesity should become a thing of the past. I believe students can accomplish great things but they need the help of teachers that are passionate about what they do. I believe I posses a passion and enthusiasm for physical education that I hope to spread to my own students one day. I love being in front of people and showing them things they've never learned before and seeing them accomplish things that they themselves see as impossible because everything is possible! As a student I feel I am still currently developing reasons why I want to become a physical educator but for now this are just some of the reason why I want to become a teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment